[mkroot] [landley/mkroot] Bunzip2 from toybox or from busybox? (#7)

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Jul 9 15:20:38 PDT 2017

On 07/09/2017 01:13 PM, test4d wrote:
> Since the toybox can bunzip, there no need to build bunzip2 in the
> mkroot's busybox?
>
> I've excluded |CONFIG_BUNZIP2=y| from busybox configuration. |tar xf|
> seems to work with bunzipped tars when bunzip2 links to toybox in the
> root filesystem.

Huh. Last time I looked busybox tar could only use the built-in
compressors. (If you disabled buzip2 in busybox, busybox tar stopped
understanding "j".) If they've fixed that, then yes I can yank bunzip2
(and I have gunzip and xz decompression code in toybox I need to clean
up and promote as well.)

I'll take a look, thanks. (Although really, the proper fix is cleaning
up and promoting toybox's tar.c and switching off busybox's. But right
now I'm trying to clean up and promote dd.c...)

Rob