[mkroot] Fwd: Re: About mkroot compiling

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon May 8 16:43:29 PDT 2017

On 05/08/2017 06:56 AM, Thierry GRAUSS wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for you answer. The $TARGET issue is gone :) But I have other
> problems:
> I did a git pull, then a ./clean.sh and launched again the build
> process as before.
> The problem is now that it does not find bc while compiling the kernel.
>   CHK     include/generated/timeconst.h
>   CC      kernel/bounds.s
> /bin/sh: 1: bc: not found
> Kbuild:67: recipe for target 'include/generated/timeconst.h' failed
> make[1]: *** [include/generated/timeconst.h] Error 127
> Makefile:1047: recipe for target 'prepare0' failed
> make: *** [prepare0] Error 2

Ah, sorry. I added that to toybox's airlock step a week or two back and
haven't cut a toybox release since then. Try:

  cd download
  git clone git://github.com/landley/toybox

Then run mkroot again. (I have to cut a toybox release before I can cut
a mkroot release because the current code depends on newer toybox than
the previous release had.)

Rob