[mkroot] Working towards a release on the 1st.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat May 27 22:11:17 PDT 2017

Rather a lot of patches went in over the past week. I've been updating
the README to describe them. The i686 and x86-64 QEMU targets now have
all the hardware native building under emulation needs (date's set
right, hard drive images work, it exits the emulator when you shut down,
and there's a virtual network card for distcc calling out to the cross
compiler on the host).

The QEMU guys broke the i486 target in qemu commit b2a575a1c652
(versions before that can boot an i486 kernel, ones after try to run a
BIOS image with i686 instructions in it).

Rich tagged a musl-cross-make release (the one I've been testing
against), but hasn't put toolchain binaries up anywhere yet.

Rob