[mkroot] To the people who keeping pinging me off list...

Alain Toussaint alain at vocatus.pub
Thu Mar 8 12:03:18 PST 2018

> getting the "and now we build linux from scratch and beyond linux from scratch
> natively under the result" infrastructure back in place

I'd be the one in favor of that. I have been accepted as editor of BLFS and even though I'm knee
deep into build replicability territory (build LFS --> boot LFS --> build second LFS under first LFS
--> see if it barf) so that I haven't been able to contribute to the 8.2 release, we do have request
for 686 build and I do know that mkroot even support 486 and build a kernel for it (I myself would
be curious to find a 486 able to boot LFS 8,2).

Al