[mkroot] To the people who keeping pinging me off list...

Alain Toussaint alain at vocatus.pub
Thu Mar 8 14:04:06 PST 2018

> Sigh, I thought there was an open 486 but
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zet_(hardware) is 16 bits only.

Forget about x86 for new designs. I'd be more interested into putting to good uses what are deemed
useless boxes.

New designs of anything, I'd base it on risc-v or any of its spinoff (lowrisc for example) upon
which, I'd plug in coprocessors to do the necessary calculations to do drug development and build a
cluster of compute boxes in a rack using said design to work on drug development. I do have the
Harris & Harris book but I'm still a long way to go from designing such coprocessor.

Alain