[qcc] Any sljit experience?

Bruce Ewing bewing0 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 19:53:49 PDT 2015

I received a suggestion today that sljit might provide a better compiler
intermediate language (they call theirs a LIR) than TCG does. sljit has a
very similar set of backends that it supports for output. TCG is obviously
much more fully tested -- but at first glance, it looks like sljit may
produce much more optimized/efficient code. I think it's a lot smaller than
TCG, too, which I like. It may also require less modding to provide full
C99 functionality.

Maybe we should encourage the QEMU guys to dump TCG and adopt sljit, eh? :D

Thoughts?

http://sljit.sourceforge.net/