[Toybox] ToyBox ?: gcc extension excision

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Apr 7 19:12:41 PDT 2012

On 04/07/2012 12:25 PM, Kevin Chase wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> Just poking toybox lightly, and noticed a gcc extension in the code (x ?
> : y for x ? x : y).  I assume you want to support other compilers, so
> here's a removal patch.
>
> --Kevin

Huh.  I think Georgi built the thing with llvm, I don't remember him
having to remove that?  But I'm _still_ not caught up with his patch
backlog.  (I spent the past month buying a house, relatives are visiting
this week... The usual.)

If those are the only two occurrences of the thing I might as well
remove it, but does this actually make it build somewhere it didn't
before?  (llvm? pcc? I know tinycc already supports this extension...)

GNU/Linux isn't: Linux=GPLv2, GNU=GPLv3+, they can't share code.
Either it's "mere aggregation", or a license violation.  Pick one.