[Toybox] Autogeneration of FLAG_x macros.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Apr 12 04:19:00 PDT 2012

So I got distracted last night and did this instead of finishing up ls.

Alas, getting make/make.sh to generate

  #define OPTFLAG_echo_n (1<<0)

was easy enough, but getting any variant of

  #define FLAG_ OPTFLAG_echo_

To actually _work_ turns out to be beyond me. I've tried a half-dozen
combinations and it's just not happy.  (The weird part is if I #define a
macro and then use the macro in another definition, it doesn't expand.
I dunno why.)

So the bits of the attached patch that touch toys.h and toys/echo.c just
don't work. Can anybody come up with a way?

I've also pondered having the script generate FLAG_n macros inside an
#ifdef block in the header, but #ifdef what?  If I "#define TOY echo"
how do I do an #if with a string compare in it?  (I don't want to
#define using_echo or similar, I want to #define TT this.TOY to at least
not _increase_ the number of separate things you have to set up in a
command's header block.  It'd be nice if I could temporarily #define
main TOY##_main to eliminate another instance too.)

Sigh.  I'm going to have to use enums, aren't I?

Right, shelving this for the moment, back to finishing up the dirtree/ls
stuff.  Almost there!

GNU/Linux isn't: Linux=GPLv2, GNU=GPLv3+, they can't share code.
Either it's "mere aggregation", or a license violation.  Pick one.