[Toybox] New toy: login

Elie De Brauwer eliedebrauwer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 14:16:07 PDT 2012

Hello world,

In attachment you can find an initial version of login. For the moment
still rather basic, it supports:
  - shadow passwords
  - /etc/nologon
  - /etc/motd
  - passwd style account locking
It requires linking with glibc's crypt (for crypt()) for now.

It does not support pam/securetty/ etc/issue / selinux/utmp yet.
Btw, it contains several functions which are candidates for reuse for
other tools which relate to user management. These functions will be put
common once the need for that becomes clear.

I've just tested this on my system without much special things present,
so there's some room for testing on more 'special' cases.

Comments welcome.

my 2 cents
E.
--