[Toybox] New toy: login

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Apr 29 09:36:41 PDT 2012

On 04/28/2012 05:27 PM, David Seikel wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 15:30:05 -0500 Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
>
>> I haven't done a sysv init, nor an upstart/systemd replacement yet,
>> because I need to do more research on what people actually _need_
>> here. (I can do a sysv init, yes. I completely rewrote the one in
>> busybox circa 2005 although it got lost in the migration from cvs to
>> svn. The question is should I?)
>
> I wrote a sysv init (and friends) long ago that might fit into toybox.
> I might blow the dust off it and see what happens.  It was a clean room
> version aiming to be LSB compliant, and working from the LSB specs.

The LSB actually specifies something useful?  I'd written it off as Red
Hat's attempt to shoehorn RPM into debian-based systems...

I'm pretty sure Android _doesn't_ follow anything in it, correct?

GNU/Linux isn't: Linux=GPLv2, GNU=GPLv3+, they can't share code.
Either it's "mere aggregation", or a license violation.  Pick one.