[Toybox] New toy: usleep

Elie De Brauwer eliedebrauwer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 03:57:54 PDT 2012

Hello  all,

In attachment you can find an implementation of usleep. It was on the
todo list, but on my debian I couldn't find a trace of it. Although its
behavior can be mimiced by using the floating point-version of sleep
it's actually more simple to have it functioning as a separate toy
(usleep doesn't have the suffixes, nor the floating point input which
sleep has).

When sleeping voor one second and one microsecond it translates into the
following nanosleep call:

edb at lapedb:~/edb-stuff/toybox/toybox$ strace -e nanosleep  ./toybox
usleep 1000001
nanosleep({1, 1000}, NULL)              = 0

gr
E.

--
Elie De Brauwer