[Toybox] Moving to toys/posix and toys/lsb.

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 17:54:48 PDT 2012

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 14:27:08 -0500 Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:

> I banged up a quick make/make.sh modification to handle commands in
> subdirectories, so menuconfig can show menus for "Posix", "LSB", and
> "Other". (Maybe Android at some point.)
>
> One technical limitation is that it's still more or less a flat
> namespace: having a toys/posix/command.c and toys/lsb/command.c with
> the same name would fight both at the .config level and in the final
> command list. Then again this never seemed to bother anyone
> elsewhere, so...

I doubt if that will be a problem, don't think there is any plans to
have multiple implementations of the same command, and no two commands
have the same name.

What might be a problem is multiple commands in one file, where the
commands fall into two or more categories.  My editor thingy would
currently be like that.  "More" and "vi" would be "posix", but "less",
"emacs", "joe", "nano", etc would be "other".  Though perhaps one or
two of those might be in "LSB", I've not checked.

On the other hand, I see no problem with eventually splitting those up
into separate files and putting them in the proper sub directories.  The
bulk of the code is common and is destined for the library.  The editor
specific code is usually just a few arrays and a short main() function.