[Toybox] new toy: rev

Elie De Brauwer eliedebrauwer at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 03:38:10 PST 2012

Hi Rob, hello world,

In attachment you can find an implementation of 'rev' including tests.
As far as I know it's included in posix, nor lsb but it lives in
util-linux and busybox also has it.

edb at lapedb:~/edb-stuff/toybox/toybox$ echo "abc" | rev
cba
edb at lapedb:~/edb-stuff/toybox/toybox$ echo -en "abc\ndef" | rev
cba
fed
edb at lapedb:~/edb-stuff/toybox/toybox$ echo "abc" | ./toybox rev
cba
edb at lapedb:~/edb-stuff/toybox/toybox$ echo -en "abc\ndef" | ./toybox rev
cba
fed

I just wrote it because it was rather easy and I bumped into it while
looking at tac yesterday, btw it also suffers from the /dev/full bug
since it also uses xputs.

gr
E.
--