[Toybox] Add remaining pwd options

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Dec 29 01:53:06 PST 2012

On 12/28/2012 03:24:17 PM, Felix Janda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the first patch adds the -L and -P options to pwd as specified by
> POSIX.
> The test script again uses stat. This time in order to get inode
> numbers
> of directories.

For future reference adding the test in the same commit as the changes
being tested is probably ok.

I've applied this patch, but am going to have to take a closer look at
it in the morning. (You added a -L option which... is a NOP? Huh, what
posix specifies here is kind of insane, there's no way to get the raw
getcwd() output. The -L stuff is all about $PWD, and if that doesn't
have a valid value it falls back to -P which does a realpath() on the
data to strip symlinks...? I need to read this when I'm more awake,
this standard is written for a system that stores state different than
linux. The current working directory is a process attribute used
directly by the vfs, it's not an environment variable...)

I think the fix is to have -L _not_ be the default, and to have pwd
return the raw getcwd() output when neither -L nor -P is specified...
but that's a technical violation of posix...