[Toybox] Patch submission process

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Feb 4 08:43:41 PST 2012

On 02/04/2012 07:39 AM, Luis Felipe Strano Moraes wrote:
> By the way, as we talked on IRC, I've setup a Git clone of the repository here:
> https://github.com/lfelipe/toybox

I cloned it, and then did an hg export/import

> I honestly find git much easier to work with, but that is basically
> because it is the one I work with daily. It seems there are mercurial
> plugins that make dealing with a git repository quite easy as well,

I mean to set up a git mirror using those plugins.  Possibly this weekend.

> but I'm pretty much OK with submitting stuff via mercurial repository
> if need be. I'm not sure if the way I created the git repository is
> the best one for this kind of work, but if it is not I can just
> recreate it later.

Worst case scenario I can get a patch from git and cut and paste the
commit comment, but I'd rather have the tools do it so the attribution's
clearer and the metadata's right for future pulls.

If you did it right, I can hg pull from that git tree, but I've still
got to set the plugins up properly over here to try that.  (My net
access is intermittent from the table I've snagged at Einstein's bagels,
but the soda refills are unlimited and there's an electrical outlet, so
I'll have to poke at repo stuff later. :)

> Best regards,
> Luis Felipe

Rob