[Toybox] Outsmarting myself again...

Tim Elliott tle at holymonkey.com
Wed Feb 8 01:11:46 PST 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 8:02 PM, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
> P.S.  The reason this came up is that "cmp" has its own "-" handlign
> logic, and I'm trying to figure out if I should involve loopfiles or
> just factor out opendash() as a function.  I'm actually leaning towards
> abusing loopfiles, since it's already there...

What you ended up doing in 440 is pretty clever, and I wonder if we'll
eventually want a helper function to do the open/close without
requiring the cleverness...

I see the switch from read() to readall() at
http://www.landley.net/hg/toybox/rev/7cff5420c90a#l44 . Is readall()
there to handle the case where read() is interrupted by a signal?

Cheers,
Tim