[Toybox] kconfig replacement

Kai Trukenmueller trukenmueller at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 03:14:45 PST 2012

Attached is an new version of scripts/mkconfig.awk and the makefile
rules mkconfig.make which could be included in the toplevel makefile.

This version produces compatible output with the current kconfig
implementation for the .config file.
It supports:
make config
make defconfig
make allyesconfig
make allnoconfig
make oldconfig

It does not implement the full kconfig language, only the subset which
is currently used in the project.
After all it's just a 150 line awk script, which is about 1% of the
size of konfig's source.

In my opinion, implementing menuconfig requires too much effort in
comparison to the benefit.
After all, toybox does not have so many nested options like the linux
kernel (and hopefully will never have).
So "make config" and "make oldconfig" after an update should get you going.

> B) Are you familiar with my miniconfig trick?
>
>  http://lwn.net/Articles/161086/
>  http://landley.net/aboriginal/FAQ.html#dev_miniconfig

>From what I understand, this is only usefull with menuconfig?

>> - it currently ignores depends
>
> I'm starting to use dependency stuff, such as:

this is now implemented.

regards,
Kai