[Toybox] patch: taskset-work-as-nice (was Re: new toy: taskset)

Elie De Brauwer eliedebrauwer at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 11:11:36 PDT 2012

On 07/21/2012 12:44 AM, Rob Landley wrote:>>
>> The following example which spawns four loops:
>
> It'd be nice if there was a way to add a test to scripts/test, but that
> assumes at least a 2-processor machine.
>
> Hmmm... I suppose that's easy enough to test for:
>
>    if [ "$(echo /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu[0-9] | wc -w" -lt 2 ]
>    then
>      exit 0
>    fi
>
> Or similar...

Pure testing wise, there are other tools which might deserve some more
attention, testing now mainly focuses on the i/o-based blackbox testing
(focusing on the toys which do simple i/o handling). Mainly splitting
tests in two parts, one being more blackbox tests (the test which we
have in place now, but also focusing more on the system-toys iso the
text-toys) but next to this also unittests which can more focus on
testing libraries/internal functions(eventually working with
input/output redirection to test the main functions). However my
preference to touch all of this, would be to touch this after toybox is
self-contained, a chroot (or even a container) and toysh is ideally all
you need to have working tests on a system instead of the hybrid
approach which is now in place.

my 2 cents
E.

--