[Toybox] toybox's init

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Jun 11 22:04:53 PDT 2012

On 06/11/2012 11:25 PM, orc wrote:
> Hey, Rob, when you will implement init for toybox, look at this one:
> http://kain.us/nk/files/unix/ninit.tar.gz
> Maybe instead of implementing a huge sysv-like it will be better to
> implement a simple init like that? Or provide two variants of init.

I've got "oneit" already, which runs a single child process (with
stdin/stdout redirected to a console that can actually providing a
controlling tty with ctrl-c and such), and then shuts down when that
process exits.

I don't plan to implement a "huge" init. I do need to look at upstart
and systemd to see what they're doing (if only to ignore them in a more
informed manner).

GNU/Linux isn't: Linux=GPLv2, GNU=GPLv3+, they can't share code.
Either it's "mere aggregation", or a license violation.  Pick one.