[Toybox] Editors and such.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Jun 16 23:28:40 PDT 2012

On 06/16/2012 10:47 AM, David Seikel wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 21:20:11 +1000 David Seikel <onefang at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Then there would be a toy I'm calling toyboxes.
>
> Hmm, seems toybox does not like toy names that partially match the
> names of other toys.  Every time I try to use "toyboxes", it finds
> "toybox" instead.

The multiplexer name is a special case, so you can have more than one of
it via a postfix.

So if you want to isolate suid support you can have two binaries, one
without the suid bit and the other with, and have both in the $PATH as
"toybox" and "toybox-suid", for example.

I did that in busybox years ago. That's why my static busybox binaries
were "busybox-i686" instead of "i686-busybox": you didn't have to rename
it to use it, just set the executable bit.

GNU/Linux isn't: Linux=GPLv2, GNU=GPLv3+, they can't share code.
Either it's "mere aggregation", or a license violation.  Pick one.