[Toybox] Editors and such.

Jens Staal staal1978 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 23:48:36 PDT 2012

torsdagen den 21 juni 2012 15.00.07 skrev  David Seikel:
> I was pretty much coming to the conclusion that I would have to write
> something that smells like readline.  Sounds like you agree.
>
> I'm half tempted to implement tabbed boxes as well, but that would be
> low priority

To save you the trouble, linenoise (https://github.com/antirez/linenoise)
 is an alternative to GNU and BSD readline/libedit and significantly lighter.
It is not a drop-in replacement and not a traditional stand alone library but
rather a .c and a .h file that can be integrated in projects that want line
editing. Apparently Android uses it...

For the curses stuff discussed earlier, termbox looks interesting although also
not a drop-in replacement.