[Toybox] _GNU_SOURCE definition problem

Georgi Chorbadzhiyski gf at unixsol.org
Thu Mar 8 22:51:32 PST 2012

On 3/9/12 8:42 AM, Georgi Chorbadzhiyski wrote:
> On 3/9/12 4:15 AM, Rob Landley wrote:
>> On 03/08/2012 07:04 AM, Georgi Chorbadzhiyski wrote:
>>> Around 03/08/2012 02:59 PM, Rob Landley scribbled:
>> Just checked in fixes for some of it, the rest honestly seems to be musl
>> bugs...
>
> I'll submit patches to musl. In their README they recommend defining _GNU_SOURCE
> to get "the kitchen sink" since they probably know that their handling of different
> defines is not optimal. Oh, well time to patch musl (for the record
> make CC="musl-gcc -D_GNU_SOURCE" compiles (minus the support index and strndupa)).

I'll do that, but isn't it better to just re-add #define _GNU_SOURCE in lib/portability.h?
I know it is a big hammer and you hate it, but fixing every libc out there for
standards compatability related to different defines is not going to be fun,
let me count - uclibc, dietlibc, newlib, musl, eglibc?, bionic (patching it is
easy, getting the patches merged, whole different matter).

--
Georgi Chorbadzhiyski
http://georgi.unixsol.org/