[Toybox] mv command

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon May 14 21:07:35 PDT 2012

On 05/14/2012 08:02 PM, Kim Munsoo wrote:
> Dear Rob.
>
> Attached file is "mv" command.
> This file implements -f, -i and -n options.
> Just put it into "toys" directory and make.
>
> Please let me know your opinion.
>
> Thanks.
> Munsoo.

Um, it's big? (Twice the size of toys/cp.c.)

I'm in the middle of cleaning up (and plugging in) Daniel Walter's
mode_t parser (http://landley.net/hg/toybox/rev/551), and finishing the
remaining ls options and test cases. Once I do those, I need to convert
cp to use the new dirtree infrastructure so that works again, and I'd
actually been hoping to share some of the cp code with mv on the rewrite.

After that, I've promised Elie a proper fix for build-time library
probing, and then I have 6 more patches in Georgi's latest batch to
review. (I'd coincidentally started an md5sum implementation based on
rfc 1321: I got the algorithm about halfway untangled into something
_sane_ (which the reference implementation isn't), but put it on hold
until I had time to see if the sha1sum implementation chould share any code)

Once I've got that done I need to fix the build infrastructure to not
freak out about command names with dashes and underscores in them (ala
nbd-client and switch_root).

Also, dalias (the musl libc maintainer) sent me a bug report that xargs
doesn't do the horrible quote parsing that was obsoleted by the -0
option but is still technically in the standard, and since I was holding
off until somebody wanted to _use_ it I suppose I have to implement that
now...

That's off the top of my head. At that point I'd have to check my notes. :)

Unfortunately, the new kernel's coming out next weekend and that means I
need to get a new aboriginal linux release out (because I refuse to fall
_two_ kernel versions behind), and that means I need to dig up my serer
with Fedora on it to track down the probably-ccache bug (which soembody
else just hit at
http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc/2012-May/046862.html but which
Denys Vlasenko reported to me a month ago ala
http://lists.landley.net/pipermail/aboriginal-landley.net/2012-March/000384.html
and I've been too swamped to fix yet), and finish reading
http://netwinder.osuosl.org/users/p/patb/public_html/elf_relocs.html so
I can find a proper fix to
http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc/2012-May/046863.html

Oh yeah, and fix
http://lists.landley.net/pipermail/aboriginal-landley.net/2012-March/000385.html
which is also an embarassingly old bug I just haven't gotten caught up
with yet...

Sorry.  I'm hurrying!

GNU/Linux isn't: Linux=GPLv2, GNU=GPLv3+, they can't share code.
Either it's "mere aggregation", or a license violation.  Pick one.