[Toybox] Special/Strange behaviour on ARM Board

Elie De Brauwer eliedebrauwer at gmail.com
Mon May 14 23:19:04 PDT 2012

On 05/15/2012 07:19 AM, Ashwini Sharma wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> I am seeing a very strange behavior of toybox on my ARM board. It may be
> a general behavior, I am not sure.
>
> The case is as follows:
> When a connect a usb mass storage to my board and mount it on a
> directory(read-only) in read-only filesystem.
> Then try to execute toybox or any its commands, I get the error
>
> -/bin/sh : toybox: not found.
>
> Though I am able to see the binary in my /bin/ dir.
>
> If this is the expected behavior for such a case or something wrong in it?
>
> please suggest.

You might want to include some output of

ls -al /bin/toybox
/bin/toybox    (or simply cd /bin; ./toybox )
mount
echo $PATH

(given that it's in /bin/).

But the bottomline is that it smells more like either your current shell
not being able to find/execute/recognize toybox, rather than something
with toybox.

gr
E.

--