[Toybox] Special/Strange behaviour on ARM Board

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue May 15 13:44:41 PDT 2012

On 05/15/2012 12:19 AM, Ashwini Sharma wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> I am seeing a very strange behavior of toybox on my ARM board. It may be
> a general behavior, I am not sure.
>
> The case is as follows:
> When a connect a usb mass storage to my board and mount it on a
> directory(read-only) in read-only filesystem.
> Then try to execute toybox or any its commands, I get the error
>
> -/bin/sh : toybox: not found.
>
> Though I am able to see the binary in my /bin/ dir.

Generally the "not found" there is referring to either a shared library
or the dynamic library loader.

And the problem is that I forgot to statically link the prebuilt
binaries I did last release.  (Oops.)  I'll fix that in the next
release.  (I might just do a release this weekend to catch up with the
state of the repository. The todo list runneth over, but that's not
changing any time soon...)

> If this is the expected behavior for such a case or something wrong in it?

It's my problem.  The prebuilt binaries are dynamically linked against
uClibc, your target system hasn't got uClibc.  I'll fix it this weekend.

Thanks,

GNU/Linux isn't: Linux=GPLv2, GNU=GPLv3+, they can't share code.
Either it's "mere aggregation", or a license violation.  Pick one.