[Toybox] new toy : mount command

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Nov 16 15:33:41 PST 2012

On 11/15/2012 11:34:05 PM, Gaurang Shastri wrote:
> Dear Rob,
>
> As "Toybox-0.4.1" got released on November,13th , I was just
> concerned, if
> you miss my little "mount" patch.
>
> Will you please go through and let me know your comments or are you
> planning to include the same in next release ??

I'm working on a mount command of my own, started August 9th:

   http://landley.net/notes-2012.html#09-08-2012

It resulted in this message to linux-kernel:

   https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/8/12/134

Having previously written the busybox mount command, this is one I've
already got a lot of familiarity with:

   http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/busybox/2005-February/047713.html

The mount thing diverged into umount and losetup, which will probably
be checked in first. All three share code and thus have
interdependencies.

Sorry, this was one of the pending todo items that got squashed by my
day job. I didn't finish up until mid-october and then spent a couple
weeks recovering, and then did checkpoint releases of the already
completed stuff (which involved a lot of package upgrades, regression
testing, and bug fixing).

I'm finally tackling the backlog, but I just merged touch and cut and
need to clean them up, and then review/cleanup vmstat, login, du,
vconfig, mountpoint, free, chroot,
and modinfo, then add the group stuff to the option parsing logic (so
"ls -lm" acts like ls -m), then I can get to mount, umount, losetup,
sed, and tar, and I need to fix the build infrastructure so the help
text generation doesn't require python (and can collate sub-option help
text), plus the test suite needs the md5sum entries from rfc 1321
added...

Plus I need to rewrite ccwrap.c in aboriginal linux so I can switch
over to musl as the default C library (and test toybox against musl),
and make chroot generators for bionic, uClibc, and glibc on all the
targets (again, test toybox against those).

Working on it. :)