[Toybox] Compile errors when compiling for ARM

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Nov 28 22:10:36 PST 2012

On 11/28/2012 10:59:38 PM, Ashwini Sharma wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
>  I am getting few other warnings related to "portability.h".
> When compiling for ARM target it throws
> warning: implicit declaration of function 'getsid'
> warning: implicit declaration of function 'getpgid'

I tried the code sourcery armv7l toolchain from:

https://www.ridgerun.com/developer/wiki/index.php/Code_Sourcery_ARM_toolchain_2009q1-203

And it complained extensively, but all of them were about
CFLAGS=--static combined with glibc (which sucks at static linking):

/tmp/cccIF7uG.o: In function `change_identity':
login.c:(.text.change_identity+0x28): warning: Using 'initgroups' in
statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries
from the glibc version used for linking
/tmp/ccKGCCJv.o: In function `chgrp_main':
chgrp.c:(.text.chgrp_main+0x1c8): warning: Using 'getgrgid' in
statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries
from the glibc version used for linking
chgrp.c:(.text.chgrp_main+0x198): warning: Using 'getgrnam' in
statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries
from the glibc version used for linking
chgrp.c:(.text.chgrp_main+0xdc): warning: Using 'getpwnam' in
statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries
from the glibc version used for linking
chgrp.c:(.text.chgrp_main+0x130): warning: Using 'getpwuid' in
statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries
from the glibc version used for linking
/tmp/cccIF7uG.o: In function `login_main':
login.c:(.text.login_main+0x220): warning: Using 'getspnam' in
statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries
from the glibc version used for linking
/tmp/cc8KwiTE.o: In function `lookup_name':
netcat.c:(.text.lookup_name+0x18): warning: Using 'gethostbyname' in
statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries
from the glibc version used for linking

Still not reproducing the issue you mentioned...