[Toybox] More expand cleanups

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Nov 30 22:21:48 PST 2012

On 11/30/2012 07:12:53 AM, Jonathan Clairembault wrote:
> > Possibly I should turn that into an actual automated testy thing.
>
> I shared a test script with expand code.

It is, in fact, checked in. I just forgot it was there already. :)

> Though I forgot to make it
> executable. Everything pass except backspace handling with the current
> version. Of course it does not test for utf-8 compatibility yet.

Oops, forgot backspace handling.

And actually the test is wrong, as you can see by TEST_HOST=1 also
failing the same way.

Backspace actually outputs the backspaces. (Otherwise you'd need an
abritrarily long buffer before you output anything, you could
theoretically have a megabyte long line then a megabyte of backspaces.)

Sanity checking a test with "TEST_HOST=1 VERBOSE=1 scripts/test.sh
expand" is useful...