[Toybox] I aten't dead.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Oct 7 22:57:17 PDT 2012

You may have noticed that my day job's been leaving me with zero time
and energy to do open source work, and I recently decided it wasn't
what I wanted to do with my life and gave my two weeks notice, so I
should have some time the second half of the month to catch up on
stuff before I have to go look for a contract to keep the lights on.

I have the todo list of doom for toybox. (You may have noticed a burst
of activity this weekend. The FLAG_ macros are now automatically
generated, which is something I've meant to do for a while. I wanted
to have toys.h automatically detect the right #ifdef block based on
__FILE__ but the C preprocessor is not good with strings so I had to
add a #define, but I got it to autogenerate the TT define so it about
averages out.)

I've got md5sum implemented over here but it shares just enough
infrastructure with sha1sum to make me reluctant to check it in
standalone, but not _quite_ enough to make how to merge them obvious.
And I've got one more week of day job where I'm trying to address all
the todo items _there_.

I have mount and sed partially implemented, and have started to pick
at the shell again.

My email remains totally screwed up, that's one of the things I need
to tackle. (Two year backlog of messages in gmail, but not sorted by
server side filters. So I need to download it all and sort it, but
email clients keep choking on the volume of linux-kernel and qemu
mailing list messages.) I can see stuff in the list archives, but
emailing it to me is unreliable just now. (It's all there, I just need
to dig down to it.)