[Toybox] Is the list still working?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Sep 8 17:03:59 PDT 2012

On 09/05/2012 01:09 PM, David Seikel wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 04:04:21 +1000 David Seikel <onefang at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I sent an email to the toybox list three hours ago.  I've not seen it
>> turn up yet, or a bounce.  I even checked the archives.  No mail in
>> the list for days.  Did my email get dropped on the floor, or is the
>> list broken?  It's possible that my new mail setup screwed something,
>> but my other lists are working fine.  Also possible it was the email
>> size, if this list limits attachment sizes?  I should have seen a
>> bounce if that's the case?

It was a size limit, I approved it through.

Sorry email's been wonky, thunderbird was melting down. I just went
through and deleted 300,000 messages out of various folders to try to
get it down to something this sad pathetic piece of software won't spend
12 hours at 100% cpu on before _giving_up_.

>> I'm sending this to the list and direct to you Rob.  It might help if
>> you have something to search for.  Or this one might turn up, in which
>> case I'll try sending the other one again.  Or just put the attachment
>> somewhere and email a link.
>
> OK, this got through to the list fine.  It's bed time for me though.
> I'll put the file up on github and send a link tomorrow.

It's back down to about 2 hours to check email, so I'm going through the
backlog...

GNU/Linux isn't: Linux=GPLv2, GNU=GPLv3+, they can't share code.
Either it's "mere aggregation", or a license violation.  Pick one.