[Toybox] Error messages and internationalization.

Avery Pennarun apenwarr at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 17:43:14 PDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 8:15 PM, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
> I've been trying to keep my error strings as concise as possible.

Just another opinion: I'm a native english speaker too, so I can't say
much about internationalization.  But I really appreciate short
messages.  You can skim them quickly, and they get to the point, and
no amount of making them longer actually makes your program more user
friendly.  ("No such file or directory" in Windows literally bloats
out to two lines of text, and it *really* doesn't help anyone!)
Conciseness was a fundamental aspect of Unix's design and I'm glad
you're sticking with it :)

Have fun,

Avery