[Toybox] complaining about 'ifconfig' - better use 'ip'

Bastian Bittorf bittorf at bluebottle.com
Wed Apr 3 08:28:00 PDT 2013

* Isaac Dunham <idunham at lavabit.com> [03.04.2013 17:16]:
> I learned Linux in 2006, and use ifconfig all the time.
> It's much more informative, much more obvious to use

ofcourse this is always, from which side you are looking.

if you are used to 'ifconfig' and never used 'ip' than you
have to read something about it. same vica versa. if you are
really using 'ifconfig', you should better switch now. the
pain will be much worse if you wait again 2 years...

bye, bastian

PS:
ip address add 192.168.1.2/24 dev eth0
ip address show