[Toybox] [patch] add sed

Strake strake888 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 10:25:04 PDT 2013

On 01/08/2013, Isaac <idunham at lavabit.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 09:07:45PM -0500, Strake wrote:
>> Not yet fully functional, but has s/// and some others.
>>
> One fix I'd suggest is s/E/r/g ;-)

-E means extended RE in grep and so ought to in sed too. I could add
-r for compatibility but would deprecate it.

> Besides that there's -i, which could be done easily by open()ing a
> temporary file, writing to that, then renaming to the original filename.

This violates the doctrine to do one thing well. Alas, users want it,
and scripts use it.

Giving flags to users is like giving cigarettes to children.

> Also, PLEASE KEEP ROB'S HELP MESSAGES!
> They're the most useful I've seen.

Yes, sorry. I shall undelete or write the help message when I come
back from camp late next week.