[Toybox] [New Toy] : add udhcpd

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Aug 13 01:26:17 PDT 2013

On 08/12/2013 04:29:25 AM, Ashwini Sharma wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
>  In the continuation to DHCP client sent to you last week, attached
> here
> with is the DHCP server implementation.
>
> Have a look at the same and let me know for any comments.

I'm trying to finish the cleanups for ifconfig and grep before tackling
anything else. If anyone else wants to post cleanup patches in the
meantime, I'm all for it.

(Quick glance: 1500 lines and 1200 lines. Some sort of get_flag macros.
Its own write_pid() instead of xpidfile()... There are todo items here.)

I renamed udhcpc to dhcp and udhcpd to dhcpd, because the "u" versions
were the "micro" prefix for the busybox implementations. (There's no
standard name for this: the isc reference implementation is called
dhclient, I've also used pump and dhcpcd. The objective here isn't to
blindly copy busybox, and when I typed dhcp into ubuntu not only did it
not have such a command but its auto-suggest didn't say there was one
in any package in the repository...)

Um, test compile:

toys/pending/dhcp.c:167:16: error: field 'iph' has incomplete type
toys/pending/dhcp.c:168:17: error: field 'udph' has incomplete type
toys/pending/dhcp.c: In function 'mode_raw':
toys/pending/dhcp.c:592:22: error: storage size of 'sock' isn't known
toys/pending/dhcp.c:592:22: warning: unused variable 'sock'
[-Wunused-variable]
toys/pending/dhcp.c: In function 'read_raw':
toys/pending/dhcp.c:683:67: error: 'IPVERSION' undeclared (first use in
this function)
toys/pending/dhcp.c:683:67: note: each undeclared identifier is
reported only once for each function it appears in
toys/pending/dhcp.c:697:56: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete
type
toys/pending/dhcp.c: In function 'send_raw':
toys/pending/dhcp.c:732:22: error: storage size of 'dest_sll' isn't
known
toys/pending/dhcp.c:762:21: error: invalid application of 'sizeof' to
incomplete type 'struct iphdr'

And so on for a while. Might try again in the morning.