[Toybox] [Patch] - killall fixed, -l requiring argument and added -s SIGNAL

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Dec 22 17:39:00 PST 2013

On 11/22/2013 04:02:35 AM, Ashwini Sharma wrote:
> Hi Rob, list,
>
>  killall implementation had a requirement to pass an argument
> even if user wanted to list the signals using _ -l _ option.
>
> Modified the code to not require argument for _ -l _ option.
>
> Also added the support for killall to accept _ -s SIGNAL _ option
> on the lines of _kill_ command, also I had the use case for using
> " killall -s SIGNAL pid "
>
> Attached is the patch for killall. Any inputs are welcome.

I already modified killall based on the message I recently replied to.
(My back email is split between thunderbird and balsa at the moment so
I'm not sure I'm dealing with the backlog in order. Dealing with the
old balsa stuff right now...)

So, what this patch does:

   Adds -s
   Removes the <1 (at least one argument) requirement

I usually put a blank line between the GLOBALS() entries filled out by
option parsing and the remaining ones.

Hmmm... If -s is specified it should override -SIG (I.E. parse command
line parameters as if they're all command names); with this patch
"killall -STOP -s KILL" would accept but silently ignore the -s. And
with no arguments at all it should give a help message.

And it's specifically -l that allows no arguments, otherwise it should
emit help text.

> If it goes fine with you, add it to the tree.

I reimplemented it, but think I covered the general idea.

Thanks,