[Toybox] [TOY] lspci

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Jul 29 14:40:58 PDT 2013

On 07/27/2013 02:56:53 AM, Felix Janda wrote:
> Rob Landley wrote:
> > Did I miss an intermediate patch? Could you send me a fresh one that
> > applies to my current tree?
>
> In the current tree I see that you have applied a newer version
> anyway.
> (with some minor cleanup of yours.)

I've been slowly catching up on email. Currently only about 2000
messages behind. (Mostly linux-kernel and qemu-devel stuff.)

> Unfortunately that version has "lspci -e" broken as observed by Isaac
> somewhere in this thread. Below is a fix. (One could also replace the
> "!=" by "==".)

Applied.

> Anyway Isaac is doing (or planning to do) a major rewrite enabling
> lspci
> to read the pciid database for human readable names of vendors and
> devices.

I look forward to it.

Ashwini Sharma sent a "ping" implementation from his guys, but between
my discomfort at applying 3-clause BSD code (it's not the same license)
and the fact it shelled out to "ping6" to do ipv6 support instead of
having it unified, I decided to just do my own.

It's a learning experience. I'm reading the code he sent and the
busybox implementation and running the host version under strace to try
to figure out what the heck ping _does_. Plus reading various
structures and going "the ipv6 version and ipv4 version are the exact
same thing followed by a union and the only thing that differs is the
fields in the union, so why the heck did they fork this mess instead of
having _one_?" Plus it's not an error to open an AF_INET6 socket with
IPPROTO_ICMP instead of IPPROTO_ICMPV6 and I'm looking in the kernel to
see if that's just a coincidental collision of constants or what... I'd
like to reduce gratuitous duplication. Possibly I can put all these
constants in a table and select v6 vs v4 out of the table...

Anyway, learning curve. Eating more time than I expected.

Thanks,