[Toybox] hg import -f commits files that aren't in the patch.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Jul 13 11:51:55 PDT 2013

Dear Princess Celestia:

The hg import -f command does a checkin -a, meaning it sucks in changes
unrelated files in the tree.

For toybox, this means commit 944 sucked in a minor bugfix to dirtree.c
that
I was waiting to track down the root cause of, an expansion of the
skeleton
file hello.c exercising --longopt functionality I haven't finished
expanding,
some half-finished changes to netcat, the actual xzcat changes from
Isaac
that the import -f was about (the only file the patch I was importing
touched),
whitespace-only changes to paste.c, a config option for an as yet
unimplemented
feature in xargs (which I'll probably forget now because the "hg diff"
noise
was how I remembered that was still a todo, like the dirtree thing), and
the news.html update about the last release.

So: coulda been worse, but since I checked in a couple things on top of
it
(and mercurial has a "one undo is magic" policy), I can't undo it. I
also don't
know how to append an older commit to change the description to
accurately
describe what it did.