[Toybox] modinfo test

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Jun 16 00:24:46 PDT 2013

On 06/14/2013 12:38:22 AM, idunham at lavabit.com wrote:
> Here's a test for modinfo; it expects ne2k-pci and 8390 to be modules.
> I chose those as lower-churn modules that are likely for VMs...
> If /proc/modules is absent, the test is skipped.

Hmmm, that's a tough one. (I normally try to make tests as generic as
possible and have no assumptions about the host system, but there's a
specific set of possible kernel modules and _non_ of them are actually
guaranted to be there...)

> (In the process of writing the tests, I discovered that busybox has
> some
> incompatabilities, like the 1-module limit, not giving a full pathname
> for filename, mis-handling the -/_ mess, and outputting "filename:
> <arg>.ko if a module isn't found.)

Busybox is no more the ideal implementation than the gnu/dammit
versions are. I've had a better "df" design than them since day 1. (It
was doing a new df for busybox when Bruce happened, and it became the
first toybox command instead...)

> Additionally, I have a patch for modinfo, which will add support for
> multiple modules at virtually no cost.

Applied.

Thanks,