[Toybox] uuen/decode

Andre Renaud andre at bluewatersys.com
Mon Mar 18 12:17:57 PDT 2013

Hi Rob,
Having a look at Erich's, he has made better use of the toybox
'intrinsic' functions, and he has both encode/decode, so definitely go
with his. I had a test script which essentially compared the output of
mine to the output of the system uuencode, but it wasn't in
scripts/test/*.test, it was just a standalone script, so probably not
much help.

Regards,
Andre

On 18 March 2013 17:34, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
> On 03/14/2013 09:04:18 PM, Erich Plondke wrote:
>>
>> Looks like I might be a bit late on this browsing the archives... but
>> uuencode and uudecode implementations are attached.
>>
>> Both passed basic tests.  Support both base64 and traditional format.
>>
>> Also, I needed to put parens around min/max, but I think a better
>> option was presented that didn't have the duplication problem for
>> operands with side effects (like x++)
>

> Timing.
>
> I'm leaning towards the one with both encoding and decoding. Do you have
> test suite code (scripts/test/*.test), or should I come up with something
> here?

Bluewater Systems - An Aiotec Company

Andre Renaud
andre at bluewatersys.com          5 Amuri Park, 404 Barbadoes St
www.bluewatersys.com            PO Box 13 889, Christchurch 8013
www.aiotec.co.nz                New Zealand
Phone: +64 3 3779127            Freecall: Australia 1800 148 751
Fax:   +64 3 3779135            USA 1800 261 2934