[Toybox] new toy: lsusb

Andre Renaud andre at bluewatersys.com
Tue May 14 22:06:09 PDT 2013

As a separate feature (I'm not suggesting we actually use this patch),
lsusb is supposed to parse /usr/share/misc/usb.ids to get readable
names for devices. Obviously for space reasons we don't want to use
this file. However most devices identify themselves with some kind of
readable string, so alternatively we could just display these strings
to the user. Not all devices have this information, but it's pretty
low overhead. Attached is a patch which adds this functionality. On my
PC it gives moderately useful information about most of the normal
peripherals, however some of the internal ones are a bit useless.

I re-instated readfile as a convenience.

Regards,
Andre