[Toybox] awk-removal-patch (was: Looking at nl)

Bastian Bittorf bittorf at bluebottle.com
Tue May 28 02:13:16 PDT 2013

* Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> [28.05.2013 09:44]:
> You are not attempting a realistic goal, and you're arguing against a
> posix command. (I haven't even pushed my bc removal patch, because
> although the use of bc was totally gratuitous and actually kind of
> stupid, forced Linux From Scratch to change its build instructions
> for no good reason, and breaks building with busybox, it is
> technically posix. So I fix it by adding it to toybox.)

as much i dislike awk, this is really a valid argument.

bye, bastian

PS: i digged through the git, and these are my values:

$ git grep AWK | grep -w AWK | cut -d':' -f1  >/tmp/files
$ git grep '#!/bin/awk' | cut -d':' -f1 >>/tmp/files
$ git ls-files | grep \.awk$ >>/tmp/files
$ sort /tmp/files | uniq | wc -l
18

i think, this is not unrealistic...