[Toybox] blkid fixed for strict-alias

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Oct 8 19:01:32 PDT 2013

On 10/07/2013 12:19:05 PM, Conroy, Bradley Quentin wrote:
> I missed the warnings on compile (it was ~5AM) but I really don't
> know if like the fix:
> using a typedef with  __attribute__((__may_alias__))

By the way:

$ cd linux/fs
$ grep -l FS_REQUIRES_DEV */*.[ch] | sed 's@/.*@@' | sort -u | xargs
echo
adfs affs befs bfs btrfs cramfs efs ext2 ext3 ext4 f2fs fat freevxfs
fuse gfs2 hfs hfsplus hpfs isofs jfs logfs minix nfsd nilfs2 ntfs ocfs2
omfs qnx4 qnx6 reiserfs romfs squashfs sysv udf ufs xfs

That should be all the block backed filesystems in the linux kernel, so
if we cover all those we're good. (I'm not hugely interested in
fuse-only filesystems, that could be anything.)

The ones we _don't_ currently have are:
affs befs efs freevxfs fuse gfs2 hfs hfsplus hpfs isofs logfs minix
nfsd ocfs2 omfs qnx4 qnx6 sysv udf ufs

What's 'xiafs'? It's not in that list. Apparently portions of it are
used in fs/qnx4...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiafs

Removed in the 2.1 development series. Uh-huh. That's more than a
decade ago now, I think we can yank support for that.