[Toybox] New toy: reboot/hatl/poweroff

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Oct 17 11:54:13 PDT 2013

On 10/01/2013 02:00:20 PM, Elie De Brauwer wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> Attached you can find a patch which adds a basic version of  reboot
> (and also poweroff and halt).

Sorry I took so long to get to this, still behind on my email...

This is good as far as it goes, and simple/clean enough to merge
without going through pending. But when we get init worked out, the non
-f versions of these need to poke init and tell that to shut down the
system, either via signal or via /dev/initctl. (The current version is
basically the -f behavior.)

I also note that the various times I've implemented this myself, I've
used the syscall instead of the wrapper. (Neither are particularly
portable that I'm aware, and the wrapper doesn't provide the "arg"
which lets you do more stuff...)