[Toybox] [patch] watch cleanup

Felix Janda felix.janda at posteo.de
Sun Oct 27 00:16:54 PDT 2013

Rob Landley wrote:
[...]
> D) Full of unicode characters where multiple input bytes become one
> output character. (I am assuming fixed width font even for unicode; any
> non-english speaker think that's a really bad assumption?)

A unicode character can consume 0, 1 or 2 columns on the terminal. You
can use wcwidth() to detect that. 0-width characters are usually combining
characters (In unicode you can write ê as a single character, or as two
characters, one for the hat and one for "e".), double-width characters are
for example CJK ideographs, hangul, ...

Felix