[Toybox] [Patch - New Toy] Add traceroute

Ashwini Sharma ak.ashwini at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 19:59:42 PDT 2013

my patch on lib/pending.c is only modifying  get_int_value() function.
Checking '-' and leading white spaces in the string.

I changed this
-  if (errno || numstr == ptr || *ptr || rvalue < lowrange || rvalue >
highrange)
-    perror_exit("bad number '%s'", numstr);

+  if(errno || *ptr) perror_exit("invalid number '%s'", numstr);
+  if(rvalue < lowrange || rvalue > highrange)
+    error_exit("out of range '%s'", numstr);

for having a better error message.

IPv6 is in fact important. Working on it, but was confused whether to have
the IPv6 support
in the same traceroute.c or separate. As far as I see, there will be lot
many if/else checks for IPv4/IPv6 cases.
Like for the incoming packet parsing.

Any suggestions are welcome.

regards,
Ashwini