[Toybox] [Patch - New Toy] Add traceroute

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Sep 22 13:45:50 PDT 2013

On 09/14/2013 09:59:42 PM, Ashwini Sharma wrote:
> IPv6 is in fact important. Working on it, but was confused whether to
> have
> the IPv6 support
> in the same traceroute.c or separate. As far as I see, there will be
> lot
> many if/else checks for IPv4/IPv6 cases.
> Like for the incoming packet parsing.

Give me a unified one and I'll try to clean it up.

The way the kernel added IPv6 support is kind of horrible, it _should_
be as similar as possible an not have so many gratuitous differences.
That said, we cope with what we're given. I don't want to have
ping/ping6, I want to have one that does both. I don't want
traceroute/traceroute6, netcat/netcat6, and so on.

(Fell way behind on email after Ohio LinuxFest. trying to catch up...)

Thanks,