[Toybox] Is binutils neccessary?

stephen Turner stephen.n.turner at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 10:58:02 PST 2014

Rob and list,

I see there are plans to add "ar" to toybox. this would be compatible with
binutils correct? I think musl-libc has a built in linker compatible with
"ld" in binutils by creating a symlink to libc.so so then we would only
need "as" to have a fully functioning compile suite correct? I am assuming
the presence of a working compiler.

I see a number of programs in the binutils suite and am just curious of
which are required now that i have started to find built in alternatives
like the libc built in ld and the future toybox ar etc.

thanks,
stephen