[Toybox] About 2/3 of mount checked in.

Isaac Dunham ibid.ag at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 14:40:07 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 03, 2014 at 07:19:55AM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> It's got basic flag parsing and is autodetecting bind and loopback
> mounts, but no support for remount or fstab yet.

Neat!
mount is the last bit of what I needed for setting up a small rootfs;
I didn't want to submit in-tree documentation until everything needed
was in a usable state.

> You may notice the new xpopen() infrastructure in lib, which shells out
> to an xexec() with stdin/stdout/stderr captured via pipes. That's a
> thing I've needed for a while so we can fork and call other local
> commands without needing an exec. (Doesn't do xexec_optargs() but I
> haven't thought of a case needing i/o capture for that yet.)

Is this going to be part of the plumbing for decompression?
(I seem to recollect talk about using fork & xexec with pipes to handle
stuff like decompressing tarballs...)

> I need to update the documentation. I'm getting to the point where
> there's enough material I might need separate tutorial and reference
> versions, except keeping duplicate copies of the same information in
> sync is never fun. Maybe I can leverage toys/example harder...
>
> Rob

I've been wondering if there should be more things in there myself.

> (It's singular/plural names that really screw me up. lib is singular,
> scripts is plural, toys is plural, toys/example is singular... Sigh. I
> can never remember if various websites have "download" or "downloads",
> but then my own website has "writing" singular "and "talks" plural...)

Just to be pedantic: isn't lib collective? ;)
At first I occasionally typo'd toys/example as toys/examples, but it's
not really worthy of a change as far as I can tell.
(Reminds me of a comment about how _change_, without a justification, is
not good, nor even neutral: learning the new approach is a real cost.)

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham