[Toybox] compiling toybox

Isaac Dunham ibid.ag at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 17:15:20 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 09, 2014 at 04:42:03PM -0400, stephen Turner wrote:
> I was compiling toybox using musl and received some errors that i believe
> are related to the code of toybox?  I'm not sure if this is something you
> want to address right now but just in case it is here is the output i
> receive. please let me know if there is anything you need/want outside of
> this error output.

versions of $CC and bash/sh at a minimum; which sed.
I presume you're using hg tip?

I'm using the git mirror with gcc 3.4/4.2 and rather old musl
(1.0.0-git-10-g2b74315), and current master gives me no such problem.

But before you go trying to debug it, make sure you have an unmodified
current scripts/ directory, and check toys/lsb/killall.c.

> scripts/make.sh
> Make generated/config.h from .config.
> Extract configuration information from toys/*.c files...
> Generate headers from toys/*/*.c...
> generated/newtoys.h generated/flags.h generated/globals.h generated/help.h
> Library probe...
> Compile toybox...
> In file included from lib/help.c:8:0:
> ./generated/help.h:415:22: warning: missing terminating " character
>  #define help_killall "usage: killall [-l] [-iqv] [-SIGNAL|-s SIGNAL]
> PROCESS_NAME...\n\nSend a signal (default: TERM) to all processes with the
> given n
>                       ^
HTH, Isaac