[Toybox] compiling toybox

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Jun 9 19:43:26 PDT 2014

On 06/09/14 15:42, stephen Turner wrote:
> I was compiling toybox using musl and received some errors that i
> believe are related to the code of toybox?  I'm not sure if this is
> something you want to address right now but just in case it is here is
> the output i receive. please let me know if there is anything you
> need/want outside of this error output.

Huh. Well it's new to me...

> scripts/make.sh
> Make generated/config.h from .config.
> Extract configuration information from toys/*.c files...
> Generate headers from toys/*/*.c...
> generated/newtoys.h generated/flags.h generated/globals.h generated/help.h
> Library probe...
> Compile toybox...
> In file included from lib/help.c:8:0:
> ./generated/help.h:415:22: warning: missing terminating " character
>  #define help_killall "usage: killall [-l] [-iqv] [-SIGNAL|-s SIGNAL]
> PROCESS_NAME...\n\nSend a signal (default: TERM) to all processes with
> the given n

Are you compiling a release version, or current source control snapshot?

I had recent problems with arch linux's build environment being outright
insane. (For example, it exposes a different set of libraries for static
and for dynamic linking.) But I can try to help track this down.

Could you post the output of:

V=1 make

(In current code, help.h is generated by scripts/config2help.c, I want
to see how it's being called...)

Could you also attach generated/help.h and generated/flags.h from your
build?

Thanks,